In order to achieve success in any organisation, there needs to be a thoroughly thought out strategic plan. Without it the organisation could struggle and eventually fail – because if you fail to plan, you plan to fail! It’s important that you strive to teach the leader’s within your organisation to think strategically and to keep the organisations goals in mind when working on projects with employees.
There are a range of questions a leader should keep in mind when aiming to think strategically. These questions should include:
- What are the trends that are occurring in our industry?
- What are three new ideas we can add to our best product or service due to these trends?
- Are there any products or services we could change or eliminate due to these trends?
- Are there any new products or services we could think about adding due to these trends?
Once you answer these questions, you will need to expand on these ideas through brainstorming. This brainstorming of trend related improvements will enable you to position your organisation for new success.
To continue the expansion of the ideas gained from the above questions, have leaders reflect on the questions below.
- What are the criteria for your organisation when deciding if an idea is a good idea or great idea?
- If implemented, which ideas will differentiate your organisation from others?
- If you choose to take action on any of your ideas, how will they impact negatively and positively on your organisation?
By having your leaders answer these questions it will enable them to learn to think strategically. This will be an asset to your organisation when it comes to developing and executing a strategic plan, as your leaders will already be familiar with thinking strategically in their everyday decision and actions.
Full Circle Feedback